Sunday 25 September 2011

Soap Opera Poster Analysis

I have found two soap opera posters and have analysed them. I have done this to look at the conventions of soap opera posters and this will help me when I construct my own poster for my own soap as I will be able to refer to this research and include key aspects of a successful poster within my own work.
Soap Posters

From doing this research, I have found that soap opera posters must attract their target audience. Posters combine necessary information with images and text to create a successful poster to stand out to an audience and make them want to watch the soap that is being advertised.
The two posters I looked at were very different from one another. The first used bright colours and glamour to attract their audience which was teenagers and young adults, connoting fun and excitement whilst the Hollyoaks poster used darker colours to give connotations of danger to portray the upcoming storylines. Taglines on both posters were in keeping with the image. When it comes to planning my poster, I will need to make sure that my target audience are considered and look at making the poster suitable for the storylines and plot of the soap opera so the audience can relate to it.
Both posters gave information of when to watch the soap so this must be included in my own poster otherwise the audience would not know when they were able to watch the soap.
I think that I could look at more creative ways of showing the time, date and channel of the soap for my poster to challenge these conventions.

No comments:

Post a Comment